NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
These are the official rules (the "Rules") that govern the relationship between you, the entrant ("entrant", "you", "your(s)"), Cabot Hosiery Mills, Inc. d/b/a Darn Tough Vermont with its registered office at 364 Whetstone Drive, Northfield, Vermont, 05663, United States (the "Sponsor", "Darn Tough Vermont") and the administrator, and Brand Access, LLC. (333063827) with its registered office at 900 High Street, Palo Alto, CA 94301, United States (“Brand Access”) in relation to the Socks for Life Giveaway Sweepstakes. The Sponsor and Brand Access, together referred to as the "Promotion Entities", "we", "us", "our". Any changes to these Rules will be posted in revised Rules on the darntough.uk website (the "Website") and notified to entrants who have entered this Sweepstakes prior to such changes.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who (a) are legal residents of the United Kingdom; (b) are at least 18 years old at the time of entry; (c) who have internet access and a valid and active email account; (d) are subscribed to receive the Sponsor's email newsletter at the time of entry; and (e) sign up to participate in the Sweepstakes at the Sweepstakes web page in accordance with the entry requirements below. If you wish to register for the Sponsor's email newsletter, please visit the Website. You can opt-out of receiving these email communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter. Darn Tough Vermont, Brand Access, and their “Related Persons” (as defined below) are not eligible to participate.
"Related Persons” means Darn Tough Vermont’s and Brand Access’ respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household, as well as Darn Tough Vermont’s and Brand Access’ respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers, and each of their directors, officers, employees, contractors, and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household.
- Agreement to Be Bound By these Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, (a) you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth above and you have legal capacity to enter the Sweepstakes and to agree to the Rules (i.e. that you are of sufficient age and mental capacity and are entitled to be legally bound in contract); and (b) you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules and all decisions made by Darn Tough Vermont and Brand Access relating to the Sweepstakes. Our decisions are final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of this Sweepstakes.
- Entry Period: Entries will be accepted online via the Website beginning on 1 January, 2023 at 12:00 PM and ending on 31 March, 2024 at 11:59 PM London time ("Entry Period").
- How to Enter: You can enter the Sweepstakes by completing and submitting an entry form provided, requiring you to provide the following information: your full name, age and email address . To be eligible to win a prize, entrants must meet the eligibility requirements and fill out the entry form in its entirety, as specified in the online form. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to these Rules may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Darn Tough Vermont.
Entrants may submit a maximum of one (1) entry per person. You may not enter more times by using different e-mail addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent these Rules. If you attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Darn Tough Vermont.
You are not guaranteed to win a prize and your chance of winning depends upon how many people submit valid entry forms.
- Prizes: There will be three (3) winners, each chosen at random (using software that chooses winners at random) under the supervision of Darn Tough Vermont. Each winner will receive seven (7) pairs of socks chosen by the winner from in-stock inventory at darntough.uk, on a single occasion at the time of prize redemption specified by Brand Access. All Darn Tough's socks (including those chosen by the winner) come with a lifetime guarantee. For further details please visit our lifetime guarantee page at https://darntough.uk/pages/our-unconditional-lifetime-guarantee.
The approximate retail value of all prizes is £190. The actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award.
Brand Access will bear the cost of shipping each winner’s prize to a single address within the United Kingdom via shipping method chosen by Brand Access. Any other prize-related expenses (e.g., taxes (excluding VAT) which may be payable as a consequence of receiving a prize) are the sole responsibility of the winner.
No cash or other prize substitution is permitted. The prize is personal to the winner and may not be transferred to another person.
- Winner selection and notification: Winners will be selected in a random drawing (using software that chooses winners at random) under the supervision of Darn Tough Vermont from all valid and eligible entries received during the Entry Period in accordance with these Rules. The Sponsor will share the details of the winners with Brand Access, so that Brand Access can notify the winners and send the prizes to the winners. Brand Access will notify winners by e-mail to the e-mail address they provided when entering the Sweepstakes within five (5) days following the winner selection. Each winner is required to respond to claim their prize within 15 days of the date of the initial award notification by return of email[, including a signed copy of the declaration and release].
Neither Darn Tough Vermont nor Brand Access shall have any responsibility or liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings, or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted by Brand Access after two attempts, or is ineligible, or fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the date that the initial award notification was sent, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT PROMOTION ENTITIES' SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN THAT WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: If you are declared a winner, you hereby agree to let us, without any further notice to you, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use worldwide, in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your first name and the initial of your last name, without any further compensation solely in connection with the Sweepstakes to identify you as a winner of the Sweepstakes. If you do not wish your first name and the initial of your last name in this manner, you are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
- Reservation of Rights by Darn Tough Vermont and Brand Access: Darn Tough Vermont and Brand Access reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes if a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other causes beyond their control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Darn Tough Vermont and Brand Access may, at their discretion, select the recipients from all valid and eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Darn Tough Vermont or Brand Access. Darn Tough Vermont and Brand Access reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or darntough.uk website, or violates these Rules.
Darn Tough Vermont and Brand Access have the right, in their sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes by voiding multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; or multiple entries from the same email address for different individuals; or that result from the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical or automated means for entering. Entries must be made by the entrant personally and must not be made through agents or third parties. The Promotion Entities shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid claims including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of an entrant.
- Limitation of Liability:
Nothing in these Rules shall exclude any party’s liability for: (i) death or personal injury as a result of its negligence; (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (iii) any liability that cannot be limited or excluded by law.
Except to the extent such liability is excluded under the first paragraph of this Rule 10, by entering in the Sweepstakes, you agree:
(a) to hold harmless and release Darn Tough Vermont, Brand Access, and their respective Related Persons from any liability whatsoever arising out of or related to your participation in the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any failure to receive notice of winning, or the acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, whether arising from: (i) spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings, incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information, or technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software, or internet service; or (ii) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (iii) the Promotion Entities’ negligence; or (iv) any other cause except willful misconduct on the part of the Promotion Entities; and
(b) never to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against Darn Tough Vermont, Brand Access, or their respective Related Persons, whether in court or before an arbitral body, with respect to any of the circumstances described in Section 10(a) above (including subsections (i) through (v).
- Governing Law and Disputes: These Rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising under or in connection with them shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Winners List: For the names of the winners (first name and initial of last name only), please visit the Website.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, associated with Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, TikTok, Pinterest, LinkedIn, or any other social media. In entering the Sweepstakes, you are providing information only to Darn Tough Vermont and Brand Access.
- If any of these Rules should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then the rule in question shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining Rules shall survive and remain in full force and effect.